It is quite nice to have a slightly later breakfast or brunch on Christmas/Boxing Day that is a bit more special.
It doesn’t have to take forever to prepare but it might be nice to use ingredients that you wouldn’t serve every day. Always lovely to have a glass of bucks fizz to go with it too!
- Toasted bagel, topped with sliced avocado, smoked salmon , ground black pepper and a squeeze of lemon.
- Porrridge with maple syrup or honey, raspberries and chopped pistachio nuts.
- Croissant split in half, topped with ham and cheese and grilled to melt.
- Scrambled egg with crumbled cooked bacon added to it.
- Sliced mushrooms cooked in a small amount of butter until beginning to brown, stir in a splash of port, let it bubble then add chopped parsley and a couple of tablespoons crème fraiche. Serve on granary toast.
About Our Expert Contributor
Wendy Strang has been working as a consultant Home Economist/Food Stylist for over 20 years for a variety of food and appliance manufacturers, writing recipes, styling food for stills photography and film for advertising and editorial purposes. Wendy also gets involved with cookery demonstrations for appliance and houseware companies. Prior to working on a freelance basis She was Head office Home Economist for Iceland Frozen Foods and before that for Kraft Foods. Wendy has recently been on the judging panel for The Grocer Own label Food and Drink Awards and been developing recipes for Whitworths and Pyrex PR.