Need some festive food inspiration?
Luckily, Neff is here to the rescue! This Christmas they’ve come up with recipes for every occasion: from vegetarian tarts to cranberry punch and from gingerbread turkey to champagne gravy!
Click here to view the full list.
Today, we’re looking at a delicious aperitif to serve your guests on Christmas Day.
Aperitif Rolls with Orange and Carrot Dip
- 200g goats cream cheese
- 70g finely chopped dried figs
- 70g finely chopped dried tomatoes
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 1 tsp dried mint leaves
- 1 tbsp Harrisa paste
- 2 tbsp chopped pistachios
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 250g filo pastry sheets
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- Finely chopped pistachio, sesame and black cumin seeds
- Place the goats cream cheese, chopped figs, tomatoes, garlic, mint, Harissa-paste and pistachios into a blender and blend until it is a smooth paste. Season with salt and pepper; preheat the oven to 220°C CircoTherm®.
- Brush the filo sheets and layer two together. Cut into 5 cm widths. Add tsp of cheese mix and roll up until wrapped.
- Brush the rolls with the rest of the olive oil and sprinkle with pistachios, sesame and black cumin.
- Bake until golden-brown on tray level 3 for 12-15 minutes.
- Peel and grate the carrots. Wash the orange in hot water, dry it and peel it with a zester. Squeeze all three oranges. Boil up juice, grated carrot, sugar, cinnamon and cumin for ten minutes (induction setting 7). Season with a pinch of salt and add finely chopped chili and orange zest.
- Remove the hot rolls from the oven and serve immediately with the dip.