Bored of the same old plain pancakes? Now is your chance to get the most out of your Pancake Day with this flavorsome recipe.
- 4 teaspoons of butter
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- A half teaspoon of cinnamon
- 200g plain flour
- 200ml milk
- 100g Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- A pinch of salt
- Melt butter in the microwave on low power (180 Watts 1-2 minutes). Add sugar and cinnamon and stir well. Allow to cool down.
- Preheat a small, non-stick pan. Mix pancake dough and pour into the pan.
- Fill cinnamon butter in a piping bag and create snailstyle circles on the pancake while it’s baking. If necessary, cover the pan with a plate.
- Flip the pancake with a spatula and bake until it is golden-brown on both sides.
- Spoon the remaining cinnamon butter on the pancakes and garnish with fruit of the season.
Why not get the family involved? This is a very simple recipe for children, they can assist with mixing the pancake dough, spooning on the cinnamon butter and garnishing.