One of the best things about Easter is that all the good chocolate comes out! I adore Cadbury Creme Eggs and Mini Eggs so what could be better than combining these two and adding even more chocolate! This is a really simple recipe and a great one for the kids to get involved with. You can serve these warm with cream or ice cream or leave to cool for a squidgy afternoon treat with a cup of coffee.
Creme Egg And Mini Egg Brownies
- 4 Creme Eggs
- Bag of Mini Eggs
- 6oz (170g) dark chocolate
- 6oz (170g) butter
- 3 eggs
- 8oz (225g) caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 4oz (115g) plain flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- A couple of hours before you’re planning on baking these, put your Creme Eggs in the freezer. This means that they will keep their shape when you bake them and won’t turn out a gloopy mess!
- Place the butter and chocolate in a pan and over a low heat melt the chocolate and the butter; stirring occasionally (on induction this would be number 4 or 5)
- In a jug mix together all the sugar, 3 eggs, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence and beat until combined
- When the chocolate and butter have melted take it off the heat and allow to cool slightly
- Pour the contents of the jug into the pan of melted chocolate and butter and mix thoroughly
- Next add the flour and half a teaspoon of salt to the pan and mix well to form a smooth paste
- Finally pour the brownie mixture into a lined tin, scraping every last bit from the saucepan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180°C (fan) and while they’re cooking get your Creme Eggs out the freezer and cut into halves.
- Once the 15 minutes is up, cut your brownies into portions and push in the Creme Egg halves and Mini Eggs. Return to the oven for 5 more minutes. You want your brownies to be squidgy inside so don’t use the clean skewer trick for this one!
- When the brownies are cooked, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool.
- If serving warm with ice cream, let them cool for about 5-10 minutes, and if serving cold allow them to cool completely.