Need some festive food inspiration?
Luckily, Neff is here to the rescue! This Christmas they’ve come up with recipes for every occasion: from vegetarian tarts to cranberry punch and from gingerbread turkey to champagne gravy!
Click here to view the full list.
Today, Neff are sharing a recipe for the ultimate roast potatoes!
Duck Fat Roast Potatoes
- 1.5 kg floury potatoes, peeled and chopped into large pieces (a little bigger than a ping pong ball)
- 200g duck fat
- 3 tbsp semolina
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- ½ tsp Maldon salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to CircoRoast® 200C. Place the potatoes in a large pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, until softened at the edges. Drain in a colander (hint: reserve the cooking water for your gravy!), leave to dry for a couple of minutes then place back in the (dry) pan and sprinkle on the semolina. Place a lid on the pan and shake the potatoes to roughen up the edges. This will give you lovely crisp edges on your potatoes.
- Whilst the potatoes are boiling, add the duck fat to the Neff Universal Oven pan and place in the oven for at least 10 minutes to melt and heat up the fat. When the fat in the roasting tin is simmering hot, carefully spoon the potatoes into the pan and turn each one over to cover in fat.
- Place in the oven and roast for 35-45 minutes, turning once or twice until golden brown. Open the oven and carefully sprinkle on half the herbs. Turn the potatoes again and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Once darkly golden and crispy, remove the potatoes from the tin with a slotted spoon. Sprinkle on the remaining herbs and the salt. Serve immediately.