Need some festive food inspiration?
Luckily, Neff is here to the rescue! This Christmas they’ve come up with recipes for every occasion: from vegetarian tarts to cranberry punch and from gingerbread turkey to champagne gravy!
Click here to view the full list.
Today, Neff are making sprouts sexy with this sprout & chesnut3 cheese gratin – the perfect side dish for your turkey!
Sprout & Chesnut 3 Cheese Gratin
- 600g sprouts
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 180g cooked chestnuts, sliced in half
- 300ml double cream
- 25g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 50g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 50g Gruyere cheese, grated
- 50g panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp crushed pink peppercorns
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to CircoTherm® 180C. Remove the outer leaves from the sprouts and cut a thin slice off the base. Slice half of the sprouts in half (this difference in shape makes the dish look more interesting).
- Place the sprouts in an oven-proof baking dish. Dot on the butter and sprinkle on the salt and pepper. Place in the oven to roast for 15 minutes until starting to soften.
- Take the sprouts out of the oven and stir in the cooked chestnuts. Pour over the cream.
- Mix together the Parmesan, Cheddar and Gruyere. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the sprouts, followed
by all of the breadcrumbs and then the remaining cheese. Sprinkle on half of the pink peppercorns.
- Turn the oven up to CircoRoast® 200C and place back in the oven to roast for a further 15-20 minutes, until golden on top. Remove from the oven and sprinkle on the remaining pink peppercorns and the fresh parsley, then serve