Need some festive food inspiration?
Luckily, Neff is here to the rescue! This Christmas they’ve come up with recipes for every occasion: from vegetarian tarts to cranberry punch and from gingerbread turkey to champagne gravy!
Click here to view the full list.
Today, we’ve got this delicious, vegetarian mushroom and goat’s cheese tart.
Mushroom & Goat’s Cheese Tart
- 240g plain flour
- Freshly ground pepper
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 80ml hot water
- 25g dried porcini mushrooms
- 700g assorted mushrooms
- 2 shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small sprig fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250g cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 125g fresh goat’s cheese
- Soak the dried mushrooms in hot water for at least 30 minutes. In the meantime, prepare the pastry. Combine the flour, salt and sugar together. Pour oil and water over the top. Mix with a fork until a ball shape is formed. Chill for 30 minutes and then briefly knead the pastry by hand.
- Immediately roll out the pastry on a lightly floured work surface and place it in a tart pan lined with parchment paper. Shape the dough so that the edges are 2 cm high.
- Wipe off the fresh mushrooms with a paper towel and cut them into slices 2 to 3 mm thick. Transfer the soaked mushrooms to a colander, rinse them several times under cold water and drain. Cut the mushrooms into small pieces. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220°C CircoTherm® Intensive with universal pan at level 1.
- Peel the shallots and garlic clove and dice finely. Rinse the thyme, shake it dry and chop the leaves finely. Briefly brown the shallots, garlic
and thyme in the olive oil. Add the fresh mushrooms and sauté briefly. Squeeze the moisture out of the soaked mushrooms and add them to the pan. Add the cream and simmer gently for several minutes until the liquid is slightly reduced. Season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Whisk together the eggs and chives, and stir them into the mushroom mixture. Spread fresh goats‘ cheese onto the base of the tart. Distribute the hot mushroom mixture on top of the cheese.
- Bake the tart on the universal pan in the oven for about 15 minutes on shelf level 1. Then reduce the temperature to 180°C and bake the tart for about 20 minutes until done.